The Music Imbizo 2022 Hackathon
The Music Imbizo 2022 Hackathon’s will focus on open innovations in the value chain of the music industries. From songwriting, recording, managing data, publishing, royalty collection & calculation to solving issues in the live and performance space.
- Tuesday 06 September – Sunday 11 September 2022.
- Actual hackathon is 48 hours (07 – 09 September)
- Registration closes 15 July 2022, 23:59:00
WHO CAN APPLY:
Programmers, designers, managers, entrepreneurs and anyone interested in innovation within the music industry in general.
Hackathon participants will be given 48 hours to develop a prototype of their projects. Wednesday 06 to Friday 08 October.
CHALLENGES (Introducing local innovation to the South African music industry)
- There is a need for the general monitoring of the use of music across many diverse platforms. Musicians want to know where and when their music was used.
- Thousands and thousands of music is released on a daily basis. How does the consumer get introduced to new and exciting music? How do artists position themselves in the market?
- As the musician or artist’s catalogue grows, keeping track of your catalogue becomes more and more tough. How does a musician, artists or record label keep track of its features and its own music?
- The Music Imbizo 2022 will be hosted during The Music Imbizo 2022 at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban (South Africa). Registration is OPEN!